Absolutely delighted to be starting this project again, we know how much it means to the wonderful children and the fabulous Children’s Family Trust. the destination for the 2021 will be confirmed after the summer break. Our previous phases have been South Central, Midlands, Yorkshire and the NE of England.
About the project
We are aiming to make blankets for children (0-16years) who are being looked after within the Children’s Family Trust. The Children’s Family Trust work with these children aiming to give them stability and security through to adulthood, helping them achieve their full potential, with the ideal being fostered within a family for life. We would like to make these children something permanent, that they can take with them wherever they are.
- Yarn is Stylecraft Special DK – just this please, inc for any embellishments.
- Squares to be 12 inch ideally, or 6 inch if that is too much.
- Knit and crochet equally welcome. Beginner or more experienced crafters also equally welcomed.
- Please use a 4mm hook or needles.
- No blocking please, and please ensure you are knotting off very thoroughly when colour changing or finishing, leave a 6cm end and use a needle to sew it in.
- We are asking folk to avoid using a magic ring (crochet) to start as find that these don’t seem to always stand up to the pressures of wash and wear.
- Please read the list of colours in our palette carefully, the list is below.
- Squares to be single colour, multi colour, textured, whatever you like, they will be wonderful, thank you.Just avoid anything too lacy please.
- It is VITAL all ends are sewn in firmly. Knot off firmlyly then sew at least 6 inches of yarn in PLEASE. These blankets need to last.
- If you’d like to make a whole blanket, please use these colours too, makes thing easier at the giving stage! Whole blankets to be 48 by 60 inches, we would like them all to be single bed size no matter what age the child.
We are looking to make 30 blankets minimum, but children come and go into care so any more would be obviously be wonderful!
The colours are a twist on a rainbow theme…
- Cloud Blue
- Duck egg
- French navy (new for 2020)
- Proper Purple (new for 2020)
- Storm Blue
Thank you so so much. Posting please after September 13th. Whole blankets to Teddington, squares to Southsea.
Last posting Monday 25th October 2021
Pictures below from previous collections!