About the project
We are aiming to make blankets for children (0-16years) who are being looked after within the Children’s Family Trust. The Children’s Family Trust work with these children aiming to give them stability and security through to adulthood, helping them achieve their full potential, with the ideal being fostered within a family for life. We would like to make these children something permanent, that they can take with them wherever they are.
So far a Snug for Christmas has supported the Southern (Portsmouth area) Midlands, NE and Yorkshire regions. Its a wonderful project to work on!
The area this year will be confirmed at a later date.
- Yarn is Stylecraft Special DK – just this please, inc for any embellishments.
- Squares to be 12 inch ideally, or 6 inch if that is too much.
- Knit and crochet equally welcome. Beginner or more experienced crafters also equally welcomed.
- Please use a 4mm hook or needles.
- No blocking please, and please ensure you are knotting off very thoroughly when colour changing or finishing, leave a 6cm end and use a needle to sew it in.
- We are asking folk to avoid using a magic ring (crochet) to start as find that these don’t seem to always stand up to the pressures of wash and wear.
- Please read the list of colours in our palette carefully, the list is below.
- Squares to be single colour, multi colour, textured, whatever you like, they will be wonderful, thank you.
- If you’d like to make a whole blanket, please use these colours too, makes thing easier at the giving stage! Whole blankets to be 48 by 60 inches, we would like them all to be single bed size no matter what age the child.
The colours are a twist on a rainbow theme…
Photos show previous collections!