This is a beautiful project making cuddly friends to give to Chernobyl children in Belarus.
It is run through the charity called Friends of Chernobyl Children who as well as bringing children over, we sent blankets to the group in Peterborough this year, work with families in remote areas in Belarus experiencing extreme poverty in very challenging conditions.
Yes, we know we are starting this in June! But we know how much time and energy these things take.
Can you help us?
- We are looking for homemade cuddly friends to go and give huge hugs to children this Christmas time.
- Knit, crochet, sewn all very welcome indeed.
- Teddies, rabbits, people, this bit is up to you!
- Avoid white and very pale colours for practical reasons.
- Size wise – approx 20 – 30cm, not much bigger please for transportation purposes.
- We don’t know exactly the ages of the children who will receive them, so please avoid buttons and trimmings that might be dangerous for little ones. Think safety!
- These are for boys and girls, neutral is good, but we would love some aimed at each too.
- Our Christmas Hugs will be given to the children around the time of the Orthodox Christmas Day in Belarus, which is January 7th 2018
Last posting to be Saturday 28th October 2017 to the South coast address please! Message if you need it x
Thank you so much, as always. xxx